Monday, May 01, 2006

..and the Other

I asked an acquaintance who's a doctor if digitalis was a cardiac stimulant. Turns out its not what I thought. Guess I'll stick to my side of the digital divide.

And I tried to find out why fever makes your forehead hot. Okay, the blood, but why -- does it literally get hotter, or is there increased bloodflow, and that feels warmer, or what? Alas, doing a google search on 'why is fever hot' yielded lots of non-useful entries.

But at least its better than the person I heard of who had a dog in heat, wanted info on what to expect, and did a search for Bitches in Heat. Oh, my.

2 comments:

Rach said...

haha .. too funny!

Or the infamous "black hole" search. Don't go there! :P

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I don't agree with your self description. Some pre-school teachers that I've met have been more along the lines of pre-school babysitters, but the vast majority have been bright, motivated, and seriously underpaid. Nothing 'just' about them.

I did some more reading, and what I now think is that an inflammation occurs, this generates heat, the heat is carried by the blood, and thats why the blood gets warmer. Some of that is things I read, and some is just a guess.

I'll trade you useless information. This from someone who knows what each of the Ms in M & M s stands for....