Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Volunteering

Today I met with the vice-president of a local health care operation regarding doing a bit of volunteering. It's the dominant health care operation in this area, but they're still pretty small. The VP, for example, has one part-time person as her staff.

The task would be to get a piece of software operational for them. It's not an install -- the software is resident on the vendor's system, and they already have access to it -- but its something like it. They want to transition from using a paper tracking system to this software, which means (probably) data entry out the wazoo (guess who gets to do that), and some learning/training on the software (which actually sounds like fun). So, I'm thinking: yeah, let's do this. Maybe it'll cure me of my tendency to say how hard could it be?

4 comments:

Tabor said...

You are a good dude.

Cerulean Bill said...

Sometimes. This, though, I'm doing for me.

STAG said...

Happy 25th anniversary

Cerulean Bill said...

Why, thank you!