Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mento

I mentioned to the guidance counselor about how difficult I find it to come up with even a skosh of an idea about how to motivate the mento, and she said that she had two sons in college who would say that they wished they'd known how important some things stressed in high school were, at the time they were there. To which I thought So you're telling me that a professional can't do it, either?

But the other thing was that when she asked the mento if he wanted a mentor again this year, he asked if it would be me, and when she said it would, he seemed actively delighted. I'm amazed.

2 comments:

Sweeti said...

Sometimes the gift that you give of yourself doesn't manifest until years later. A seed so to speak. But every bit as important today as in the future.

Cerulean Bill said...

I hope you're right. It does go against the but I want to see results NOW attitude though.