Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Observation

This funeral preparation is a much bigger deal to my mother in law and sister in law than it is to my wife or me. We're thinking okay, we should pick up a couple of the newspapers, maybe sweep a little. Put out some food - some lunch meats, some Ritz Crackers if we have any. They're more gotta get the food gotta clean the floors gotta get flowers gotta.... Every moment, it seems, there's a new as long as I'm doing this, I'm going to do that, too. Do we need more flowers?

My MIL brought a huge cake, and helped to arrange things. My SIL brought flowers that are strewn throughout the house, she vigorously cleaned the kitchen and other places, she placed some gourds in a decorative basket for the entryway, she even bought a new door mat for the front door. The house has never looked better. Oh, and we're having about 8, maybe 12 people come? She ordered food for 20 - 25. That's 20-25 hungry people.

It's not that we don't appreciate it -- we do. It's just a little ... overwhelming. My mother would be stunned.

No comments: