Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baking

Today, I'm making an Apple Gallette. Trying, anyway.

It always takes me at least two tries to get a recipe right. When I read through it -- and after a long time, I did learn to at least scan the damn thing -- I always miss little thing like slice the apples, THEN apply the lemon zest and juice....you DID buy a lemon, didn't you? That was today's misstep. I actually did buy a lemon, but where it is in the mass of food that's still in the refrigerator, is anyone's guess. But, heck, there's always bottled lemon juice. It came together pretty well. Though why the first step is heat the oven to 400, and then the next to last one is refrigerate the gallette before baking..... Personally, I think the power company's behind it.

In an hour, we'll see how things turn out. So far, looking good!

No comments: