Saturday, October 24, 2009

Two Thirds

We are two thirds (or half, if we end up being lavish) of the way toward television nirvana.

a) We ordered a Tivo HD recorder and service. Should be here within a week. I hope we just plug it in, do some obvious things, and have it running with the current TV and standard service. A little skittish about having to connect it to the home LAN.

b) We ordered the Verizon HD service. Should be set up on November 3. I'll be out for the day doing election stuff; my wife will be here to make sure it works.

Some time between the two dates, we will buy the HDTV, bring it home, park it, and have it available to be plugged in when the HD service starts. Some time after, maybe, we'll get an AV receiver -- though I'm not at all sure we need it, the idea of the enhanced audio is attractive to me.

Thats the plan, anyway.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Hope it is all that you anticipate. I do enjoy the HD stuff big time. The Discovery shows and the historic movies are very nice.

Cerulean Bill said...

I expect magic and wonder that will quickly become routine.