Saturday, October 03, 2009

Lunch

My daughter asked that her mother make a lunch for her to take to color guard today. Once again, having kept the kids out until way-late last night, they're kicking off relatively early today, and it'll be an all-day affair, stopping only for lunch and a short break before this evening. My wife was surprised that she asked. Well, perhaps not so much surprised that she asked as the manner in which she asked, to wit " Most gracious father, would you do me the great favor of requesting that my mother, she who bore me through travail and anguish, create my midday repast that I might dine with nutrition and elegance when given the opportunity this day? "

I don't know why she doubted that our daughter said that; it seems perfectly reasonable to me.

No comments: