Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gifts

We were talking about the amount of food left from the memorial service and such. My wife told me that when her aunt had died, so much food was brought to the home that the family called the local grocers and told them not to accept any more orders. The compromise was that they did, but delivered them later, as needed. My daughter said that she thought that a good idea, and would do it when I died. No, I said, you'll say "My dad, he really liked anime, so just bring anime. Lots of it." She thought that plausible, but said that she'd probably say "My dad always wanted a big screen TV, so just bring that." How big does a screen have to be to be 'big screen', I wondered. Wall-size! she exclaimed. Dream on, I advised her.

Well, it's not going to be wall-size.....

2 comments:

Tabor said...

It can be wall size IF you have a small wall and a large room ;-) I think it is supposed to be a foot wide for every three feet you sit from it. But, being the geek you are, I am sure you know that.

Cerulean Bill said...

Actually, I'd heard it as a one to two ratio -- ie, our room is about 10 feet wide, so five foot (60 inch) diagonal would be about right. On the other hand, your ratio would give us about 40 inch, and we're thinking 46, so that'll work.

I think she'll be delighted with anything that's bigger than what we have now.