Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day

A fairly good day for my mother -- she's gone two days without dialysis. Though she will unquestionably have more, and will almost certainly have it when she comes home, this is still goodness, because it means that her kidneys are doing some work -- in fact, one of the nurses who came in to check up on her made a point of showing me the urine collection container, which was an experience I could have done without. The combined effect of the sedatives and morphine meant that my mother really didn't remember why she was there, though, so I got to tell her the whole thing, ending with her current state and likely prognosis. She seemed gratified by that.

Doing some baking now. The idea was that these cookies would get divided -- some for us, some to give to people -- but this seems to be one of those recipes that doesn't double well - the cookies are coming out thinner than I like. I'm playing with just baking them for a shorter period, and that seems to be helping. And hey, if we have to eat these things ourselves -- well.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Yeah, it's hard to take one for the team and eat the cookies yourselves... but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do just that. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, if you were a pal, you'd stop by and take some off my hands....