Wednesday, October 21, 2009

OneNotSoHot

My daughter had to install OneNote on her PC. It flat would not -- would not-- print to the networked printer. I worked for three hours this morning. I shall not say my experiences, other than to note that I hope that the developers burn in eternal hell.

I tend to think that complex software should have a simple/intermediate/complete mode. Simple gets you the very basic functions. Create. Save. Print. Intermediate gives you the ability to format, to save in different styles, to checkpoint. And Complete gives you the whole shooting match. But nooooooo.....

I realize that what I think ought to be included in Simple, you might think Complete; what you think it will of course do, I can't see how anyone would actually want. But this here's a ton of stuff, go wild approach -- leaves me seriously cold. I know this bothers Redmond very much.


No comments: