Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Comments

Some time ago, I mentioned in this blog that I was pretty down -- I'd done some dumb things, including smashing the side view mirror on the Prius. In retrospect, that was minor, but at the time..... I got two comments back that meant so much to me, I saved them in a file on my PC. I don't look at them often, but I have a link from the desktop so that I can.

I just did. Nothing's wrong, I just am a little crabby about school and my daughter/my mento, the election next week (I never feel ready), and some other things.

Reading both comments cheered me -- they said that about me? -- but the last line of one stuck with me:

"Without getting maudlin, I wish I had half your drive and determination."

My golly. And here I didn't feel like I had any drive or determination. Okay, granted, those are old comments, and I even still have one from a person who I used to consider a friend and only reluctantly realized that she was nothing of the sort -- so old comments do expire. But even if this one did, that someone once thought that about me --

Lifts your spirits right up.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

You know, the Internet, well blogging, can be like a therapist...if you get the right one!

Cerulean Bill said...

I've been fortunate in that regard. Beats paying for the privilege of lying down on the leather couch -- do therapists even still use those?