Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Uptick

Dental is looking up.

The checkout for the implants was fine. They're all set. It's a weird feeling, having someone use a torque wrench in your mouth!

The gum surgery to remove scar tissue and what they called 'overgrowth' was successful. I told them that I was apprehensive about pain, and so they did the sedation in waves rather than all at once, which turned out to be a very good idea, since at one point I could still feel pain when he thought I was numb. There's still the possibility that when I go back for a checkup, he'll make that hmmm.... sound...but I'm not going to think about that!

So, not bad.

4 comments:

STAG said...

I just gave up on painkillers....they never seemed to kick in until long after the job was done. I get my fillings done with just a jolt of soda water (injected under the gum line) if anything at all.

An exception was when they were dragging out the roots prepatory to installing a plug of cadaver material, which again was prepatory to having the same job you had. The painkiller finally kicked in about the time he was dragging out number three root. But for drilling out and inserting the tooth socket, well, no need for anything. There are no nerves in the cadaver bone...grin! Just a little sting as he cut through the overgrowth.

Now, some five years later, I think that all those hours in the dental chair was a good thing. But at the time...hoooweeeee...

grin!

You will get through this Bill.

Cerulean Bill said...

You and me both, S. Perhaps we can get together and compare implant stories. I still think its a good thing, but MAN is it taking a long time!!!

STAG said...

Takes more than a year man!

Cerulean Bill said...

Try almost three years -- and I could be missing a year in thinking about it. As Obama said, women have given birth, and those children are walking and talking, and it's still not done!