Sunday, January 13, 2008

Media Observation

Newspapers and magazines need to be readily and easily readable in electronic format. Until you can comfortably curl up in bed with the papers all about, as I'm doing right now, the papers being electronic, they'll not be viable online. Even then, you lose the sensual satisfaction of a mess of papers all over the place, but it's neater, so thats okay.

Oh, and the electronic version needs to be easily taggable, saveable, condensible, storable. I'm just sayin'....

2 comments:

The 4th Doctor said...

Interesting. I have a hard time reading stuff online for relaxation. I can't even read books online. I prefer a good old fashioned book on soft paper. I think the LCD screens on techie stuff is painful to look at after a while.

Cerulean Bill said...

You're absolutely right. I cannot warm up to electronic readers for a number of reasons, and some of those are emotional. I prefer the 'known' of the magazine, the newspaper. I like the tactile sensation. What I'm trying to do is think Okay, newsprint is going to die. E-formats (what an ugly word) is going to replace it. What does it need to do, be, feel like for that to work? Because its got advantages, no lie. And like it or now, people don't seem willing to wait for me to get used to the idea of change. How rude!