Monday, January 28, 2008

Nothing Heavy Duty

Just a couple of observations.

Religion -- Is the Church of Scientology really as evil, manipulative, and generally yucky as they're being painted? And, if they are, does that warrant something called 'Anonymous' setting itself up as the Lord God of Control, executing a Distributed Denial Of Service and other electronic hasslement upon them? Does that make them any less arrogant and I-Am-The-Decider than our current Flummox In Chief? Does the ability to destroy make them in any way morally superior? The Anonymites may well be right in what they say about COS, probably are, but their actions turn my stomach.

Politics -- I said some time ago that I prefer Clinton, but would be happy with Obama. I am not pleased that Kennedy endorsed Obama (and not just the senator, but apparently his whole clan). Then again, I don't understand why Kennedy has the nerve and gall to invoke his assassinated brother when doing that endorsement, or, for that matter, why he is even still around == other than, of course, that he can bring home the bacon. God forbid he should be out there leading. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said. I do admit (this occurred to me today) that if I were younger, I might well prefer Obama; despite his lack of experience, his is clearly the voice of optimism and hope. I simply value experience more than optimism and hope, these days. Would that we could have all three. Would that the 'leadership' in the Democratic party doesn't self-destruct the whole damn thing and hand the election over to the Republicans.

And, relative to the economy: if the government wants to send us money, we'll take it, and put it to use with local services that we might have delayed (we're thinking of a major remodel downstairs that otherwise would occur in 2 - 3 years). But they really should not send it to us. We can wait, and others, I believe, need it more.

Domestic --
The brownies turned out well - firm on the outside, soft on the inside, just as my daughter likes them.

I'm walking with a crutch now; likely for several more weeks. I can lift my leg up onto the bed without assistance from its brother -- slowly, slowly, but I can.

I found today that I really can't read without close-up glasses any more -- what my grandmother used to call her 'reading glasses and her seeing glasses' is apparently upon me.

Oh, and through no effort of my own, I've lost 14 or so pounds. Amazing. Want to bet I find them again?

No comments: