Thursday, January 10, 2008

Humour

Here's how mine works.

A local business, soliciting work for the spring, tossed a Baggie on everyone's driveway, each one containing a card advertising their services as well as a couple of pieces of landscaping rock for weight -- not to mention, to make it notable. I read the note and tossed it, but kept the rest.

One of the people with whom my wife works is a nice guy, but he's also kind of big and occasionally kind of loud. One day, she tells me, she heard him in a furious telephone conversation with someone else about the actions of a third. At one point, he droppd his voice and said 'Someone should tell that guy to go to the Army Navy store and pick up a pair!'

So I told my wife she should bring the Baggie to work, show it to him, and say that even she had a pair.

But she wouldn't do it.

4 comments:

Sweeti said...

Lol, that was funny.

Cerulean Bill said...

Yeah....but I do understand why she wouldn't. If she had, she'd not be able to face those guys for days!

The 4th Doctor said...

I just wish I'd known the Army Navey stores sold "pairs"...

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh,yes, but only the ones in Texas, I believe.