Friday, April 11, 2008

Walking

I was so irritated this morning to find that I had lost two pounds since yesterday morning, for no apparent reason, I went ahead and a) had waffles for breakfast, b) ate lunch with my wife at Burger King, and c) just had a fudgesicle.

Now, in the throes of you did WHAT?, I'm thinking: maybe I'll take a little walk. My track record for that, last couple of days, has been poor. In fact, my wife walked with me last night, and though she did it because she likes to be with me (but in all other respects, she's either normal or extraordinary), she told me this morning that she also did it because I looked so worn out. No idea why, but she must have been right, as I stopped four times on the walk -- which, as it turns out, since I just measured it, was only about nine tenths of a mile. Very odd -- two days before, I'd gone about a mile and a half, no problem. But last night, not so great. In fact, on the last fifth, I asked her to go get the van. Zounds.

However - having gorged myself today, I'm thinking: This would be a good time for a walk.

See ya!

No comments: