Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Torch Story

I think it's despicable that people have turned the Olympic torch into an object of political controversy, using it to publicize their issues instead of to illuminate the world. I will not ask if these people have no shame, for clearly they do not. As a result of their raging, thousands of people have missed the opportunity to see the torch, and for most, that opportunity will never come again.

I hope these hot heads -- no, I don't hope they're happy. In fact, I hope quite the opposite.

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

I hate seeing the Olympic torch defamed too, but then on the other hand, I agree with their cause. Typical middle of the road for me. Maybe one day I'll listen to my father when he tells me that the only things in the middle of the road are moderates and road kill.

He's such a hoot. *sarcastic voice*

Cerulean Bill said...

No, actually, I agree with you. What you're doing is saying that both sides have a point. What the Tibet protesters are saying IS important. So's the flame. But what they're doing is the equivilent of building a Potemkin village...if you can follow that tortured logic.