Friday, April 11, 2008

Scraping

On occasion, my daughter will come home from school about ten minutes after I've finished baking some cookies. Invariably, she will look around for the mixing bowl and the beater, and if perchance they are in the dishwasher, she will react with aggrieved dismay. You put it in there without TELLING me? So, since I just finished the chocolate chip cookies (38 of them; about 30 of the oatmeals), I called her up and said ' If you want the batter that's left, you can have it...but there really isn't very much.' And there wasn't. As much as I like eating the batter, too, I made it for a reason, and the reason wasn't so I could take gobs of it and eat it. She immediately went over to the bowl, peered in, and said 'Boy, when you say there isn't much left, you aren't kidding....' She then grabbed the bowl and beater, commenting 'So I'd better take a couple of these', grabbing two from the cooling rack. Makes sense. After all, she wants the batter, and what is a cookie but cooked batter?

No comments: