Saturday, April 12, 2008

Packer

Its a damp, foggy day, the birds are chiping like crazy -- they seem to like this kind of weather -- and every so often I hear the damnedest call, kind of like a vibrating chatter. Its not the woodpecker, who every so often comes over to the ohouse to see if there's anything edible here. Whup, a whole flock just lifted off from the farmer's field. When all those wings get going at once, its like standing next to a hot air balloon when the burner lights -- WHOOSH!

My daughter looked at all of the food we have, most of which we got for her, and asked why we got it. I'm half tempted to leave some of it home, but I know I'd Pay the Price when we were halfway there and she decided that she was hungry. Four books, two magazines, and cheez doodles. Hmmm.....I think I see a problem.

Time to make breakfast. Waffles, anyone?

No comments: