Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hairy

Had a bit of an argument with my daughter the other day. The argument was all on her side, but I guess it was still one.

She was talking with her mother about getting a haircut, and I said that if she wanted, I would drive her over. The only condition, I added, was that she would have to know what she wanted, as I couldn't offer suggestions. (My perennial suggestion, Buzzcut, gets continually rejected.) She and her mother agreed that she wanted enough cut off to look healthy, while still being below her shoulders. Is it now? I asked. I guess I never noticed. With a little moue of disgust, she loosed her ponytail and let it drop down. See? she said, scooping it back up. You know, I said, thoughtfully, I'm impressed by how full your hair is. When you had it down, it looked a lot like the hair you see in ads for -- Dad! She exclaimed. I like my hair the way it is! Yes, I know, I said, I was just --Dad! You're not going to win this argument!

But I wasn't arguing.....

No comments: