Sunday, April 20, 2008

CTBP

We're having a family favorite tonight -- Corn Topped Beef Pie. By 'family', I really mean 'my wife and I', as my daughter shudders at the thought. Can't imagine why.

Here's the recipe. It comes, I believe, from a box of corn muffin mix.

Corn Topped Beef Pie - 6 servings

1 pound ground beef 1/2 cup (2 T) chopped celery
12 oz chili sauce 1/2 cup chopped unpeeled apple
1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary

1 pkg (8.5 oz) cornbread/muffin mix 1 egg
1/3 cup of milk 1 can (7 oz) whole kernel corn, drained

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Brown beef and celery in large skillet; drain
Stir in chili sauce, apple, pepper, rosemary.
Remove from heat.
Pour beef mixture into 8 inch pie dish
Prepare cornbread mix (use 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk)
Stir corn into cornbread mix
Pour evenly over meat mixture, spreading to edges of dish
Bake in 400 degree oven, 35 min or until cornbread is golden

No comments: