Monday, April 21, 2008

SHTD

Okay, if you blinked, go read the title again. It doesn't say what you thought it said. Its an acronym for So Heres The Deal.

First, I got an email from Barack his own self. I am quite pleased by that. Its not as personal as I guess I would have hoped -- you know, no asking if he could crash at our house, no offering to let us stop by the Chicago manse some time, nothing about how he's bearing up under all of this, or how his daughters are handling it -- but still, it was nice to hear from him. I admit, I thought that perhaps it might have been machine generated -- it's addressed to bill, not Bill -- but heck, the return email address is 'Barack Obama', so it must have come from him. Right? I mean, politicians aren't allowed to lie, cheat, or steal... so emails that say they're from him MUST be.

Second, I found a page of 'feel-good' photographs, here. Actually, some of them aren't so much feel-good as strange, and those, I wondered about, but a couple are pretty neat.

Third, I'm going to bake some cupcakes, I think. I don't know if there is a 'recipe' for cupcakes, but I thought I'd give it a try. I just feel like baking something. Ever get that way? I've made some in the past, and they were okay... but, I don't know, they were missing something. So I thought I'd give it another shot. Come by, I'll give you some.

So thats the deal.

No comments: