Tuesday, April 22, 2008

T'Day

Been an interesting day, here in my part of the Keystone State.

I voted, of course. And I spent some time as a doorstop. I was not enthralled by the experience. I don't think it did any good (is anyone really affected by the handouts they give just as you are entering the building?). I didn't like the style of some of the other people also door-stopping (one in particular struck me as a paranoiac huckster). I got so bored that after two hours, I just flamed out. If its possible to fail at the least challenging job you can have in a political organization, I think I did. How delightful.

This afternoon, I mowed. Its April, and the grass is as thick as I have ever seen it. It is so thick, it took me fifty minutes to mow a swatch about six feet wide and twenty feet long. This is going to take me a very long time. And, of course, during that period, the mown grass will be growing.

And I spoke to the elevator installation guy. It sounds like installation is, in fact, doable for what we spit-balled as our budget. So, true to my normal form, I am now wondering if this is really such a good idea. Its possible that doing this will make this the most expensive house in the area.

I am surprised how irritated I am that my candidate is expected to lose this state.

No comments: