Thursday, April 10, 2008

Making Baking

So here's the plan. This weekend, we're driving up to Nyawk, about six hours if we're lucky. We'll try to get together with my cousin on Saturday night for something lightweight, like pizza. On Sunday (while I grump and grouse about not having the Washington Post), we'll go to the wedding. My daughter has already announced that she doesn't really want to go to that, but I'm thinking that once she's actually inside, she'll want to hang out for a while. And then on Monday, we make the trek back.

Tomorrow we start loading the vehicle. There are things we absolutely must bring, such as: books (there are three or four, just for me, and my daughter has been known to literally bring a duffel bag full of books), and the laptop (there are Netflix movies on it, plus, if there's WIFI in the hotel, my daughter can use it to surf). We have to take one of the seats out of the car, so that we can put the wheelchair in (my mother doesn't strictly speaking need the wheelchair, but it'll make transport easier). Of course, we'll need her walker. Oh, and the little portable TV, with which to watch the Netflixxers that we just ordered for my daughter (though, if she had to, she could watch them on the laptop's DVD player). And maybe the MP3 player that my daugthter really wanted, got, and to my knowledge has never actually used. And then the tonnage that we normally do a road trip with, including a whole mess of food and drinks.

Thats where I start thinking about baking. Because, I've got to say, those oatmeal cookies? They were awesome. They were really, really good. And I can eat them without needing to have the dental appliance in, which means I'm not putting pressure on the upper jaw. I have no feeling for whether I can chew with this appliance thing. I'm sure, the longer I go, the more okay it will be, but its just been a month, so I'm a little apprehensive. I was supposed to meet with the dentist today, but things happened...as they tend to do, at that place. Anyway -- I'm thinking that soft oatmeal cookies would be a totally excellent thing to bring along. And if I happened to make some chocolate chippers, that would be good, too, n'est ce pas? Mais you betcha.

So thats the plan. Incidentally, I likely won't be posting this weekend. Maybe, but I doubt it.

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

So, I was thinking, I guess incorrectly, that once my kids get a little bigger, packing for trips won't be as difficult. So, according to this post.. it will still be tough?

Cerulean Bill said...

No, it'll be easier, its just that you won't have to personally load all that stuff.