Friday, February 15, 2008

Joy, Unconfined

My oral surgeon just told me that he still does not have the device that the general dentist was supposed to provide, and that they expect to get it by the twentieth. Or so. And that the first slot they have available for surgery after that is the thirteenth of March. And, oh yeah, we're probably in a period of starting to have bone loss from the graft I so expensively had done.

Lets do the math.

The graft was done on November5. He said he would shoot to do the implant end of January, beginning of February. Comes the middle of January, I delay one week because I'm not walking too good. I see him one week later, just before the end of January. The implant session is scheduled for the middle of February. Comes the middle of February. Its cancelled because the general dentist hasn't done what he frickin' hell had months to do. (They waited until three days before surgery to check because the oral surgeon was off on vacation.) And then we get two days of snow and ice, and the general dentist closes his office. So now they're thinking maybe in five days from now. Maybe. But the first open block for surgery is in a month. Next month. Because, you see, the oral surgeon will be gone at the end of this month.

So help me god, if they say they can't do the implant because of bone loss, I am going to go ballistic. SWAT will have to be called.

No comments: