Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Announcement , Of Sorts

I no longer have an open walker next to my bed.

I haven't used it, per se, for three weeks. Up till today, it had two purposes -- to serve as a crutch rest, and to hold a cloth bag which has the reacher I use to pick up stuff. I still use a crutch, but not to walk around inside the house, so I moved that one over by the bookcase (the other one is against the wall next to the stairs; I use it when I leave the house). The reacher, unfortunately, I still need, so the walker is still around. Partially collapsed, holding the reacher's bag. For now.

And, I'm more-or-less walking. Okay, thats a bit of a stretch. Its more like 'I'm walking with a noticeable limp', as distinct from 'I'm hobbling', which was last week's story. I attribute the change (including the ability to do that damned legs raise; badly, but I can do it) to that exercise I found. I may be kidding myself, it may well have happened anyway, it may be pixies, who the hell knows. I can do it -- and thats what counts.

Maybe I will be through with crutches by the end of the month. And then I could retire the walker to the garage or someplace, along with the crutches. Wouldn't that be nice?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are ready by the end of the month, I've entered us into a tango competition. : )
Glad your are doing well.

Cerulean Bill said...

Abbasolootly!

Rach said...

That's fabulous you're making such great progress. By the time the weather's nice enough for long strolls, you'll be rarin' to go!

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm pretty pleased. Of course, I'm also thinking I still have to be careful when I walk ??? When does that end?

Basically, I want it all, right now.