Monday, February 25, 2008

SOBU & B

I would like to think that I'd agree with something Obama said, and something he did, even if I didn't support him. As it happens, I do, but I do, and I do, anyway.

I agree with his comment that if he'd lost eleven primaries in a row, people in the media would be expecting him to quit, but the standards are different for Clinton, because she's part of the established elite in Democratic circules.

And I agree with his decision not to attend an event called the State of the Black Union. He said that he didn't come because he had a campaign to run, and thats likely true. But I'll bet its also that he didn't want to link his name too closely to an event that's clearly keyed on being black, then political, rather than political, period. I'll bet he could just see himself getting arm-in-armed by some of their old guard, and have to spend the rest of the campaign arguing that being black was part of what he was, not the totality.

Good moves, B.

4 comments:

Sweeti said...

No , I think it's just part of the died in the wool Hilary Clinton mentality, All the so called political rules, don't pertain to her.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm not sure I follow you; sorry. Dod you mean his comment regarding the eleven losses?

Sweeti said...

Yes.

It's probably that I just don't care to relive the Clinton saga in the White House again.
All the distractions from the Countrys business with this or that court battle and more. I'm so done with them.

Sorry. I know you like her.

I would like to see a woman win but not that bad.

In the same hand of dice, I still don't know which candidate I'd vote for yet. I'm not loving any of them.

Cerulean Bill said...

I do like her, but I like Obama more. And I share the trepidation about Bill back in the White House, which is odd, because I generally liked it when he was there before. Perhaps what I liked what the economy, at the time. Reading Stephanopolus's book gave me the willies.

Too bad we can't slice and dice, just taking the parts of politicians that we want.