Friday, February 15, 2008

Snit? Moi?

Because I am in a bit of a snit, I need to do something to calm down. (Though, truth to tell, I'm calmer than I was...unless I think about it.) So, I'm going to bake these, which recipe I found at the SuGoodSweets blog a few moments ago. And I will try not to woof 'em all down myself.

Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies
(Yields 1 dozen cookies)

by Connie McDonald & Pamela Weekes

Ingredients

8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
10 ounces (1 1/4 cup) granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 ounces (1/2 cup) dark cocoa powder
10 ounces (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
Pinch of Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
3 ounces (1 cup) large walnut pieces
3 ounces (1 1/8 cup) unsweetened shredded coconut


Directions


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugar until well-blended and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat until well-incorporated, then beat in cocoa powder.
4. Mix in flour, salt and baking powder until just combined.
5. Gently fold in remaining ingredients.
6. Transfer dough to clean work surface and gently mix dough by hand to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
7. Divide into 12 equal portions and place each on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake in oven 12 minutes, taking care not to overbake.
9. Let cool on rack and store in airtight container.
=======
Update: the batter would have made about 15, easily, of the large size; I scaled it down after the first batch, and ended up making about 16 more, each about two and a half inches across, baked at 350 for 14 minutes (baking for 12 or 13 minutes resulted in a very soft cookie).

It is, as you might suspect, intensely chocolate.






6 comments:

~lifedramatic~ said...

I'm a bit stressed tonight too... and I was thinking of making this... http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2007/06/the_best_chocol.html

I still may. Look forward to seeing pics of your cookies!

C

Cerulean Bill said...

See, now, if you came by, I'd give you some of these....

As for pictures -- well, I usually don't, but if I think of it before my daughter devours them, I will.

Unknown said...

::drool::
Thats all I have to say about that :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Eloquently put!

Lone Chatelaine said...

Man, I need to make some of these! These would have been perfect for me this weekend. Mmmm...chocolate :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Heck, for you, LC, I'd not only offer some, I'd SAVE some... They were pretty easy to make,too -- so, enjoy!