Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Weekend

I've been off-and-on fixating about this dental surgery that's coming up, and the pain that recovery will be -- at least two weeks, and possibly more, of not chewing anything. I won't say its been in my mind every single minute, but -- well, it hasn't been far away. I've tried to remember both why I'm doing this, and that what I regard as a major problem --- being able to only eat soft or liquid foods --- others might well yearn for (Hey, Bill, you have food, right?) Unfortunately, my ability to get out of a self-pitying mode isn't the best in the world.

This morning, I came across this article in my newsreader. Its actually about how to spend a weekend getting satisfaction without spending money, but in an odd way, I saw it as how to spend a weekend looking past the things that you can't control, focusing on what really matters.

3 comments:

Rach said...

That's a positive way of dealing with the thoughts.
You'll do fine, recoup without a hitch and be back to eating better in no time. AND you get all the time in the world to recoup. ;)

Just trying to be helpful. :D

Cerulean Bill said...

I appreciate that, Rach. I'm not much of a 'power of positive thinking' kind of guy, as you may have noticed. One things for sure: this is a heck of a way to augment my weight loss regimen!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I'm thinking of it as something I have to go through -- and it'll take less time than I think, and much more than I want. I told my wife that this would go much better if we got a plasma-screen HD television, and she said 'Sure, if you think that'll make you feel better.' What fun is it arguing with someone like that??

Thank you for the award!