Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday!

We've been to Kipona, which was, surprisingly, not all that bad. Nothing I'd want to travel miles and miles to get to, but the weather was mild, and we even got to see the Harrisburg mayor, MayorForLife Steve Reed, looking a bit hot and grumpy -- as I would have been if I'd been the only person out there wearing a suit. He seemed to be waiting for something, but when we saw him, he was just sort of hanging out, next to one of the concessions. I told my wife that it was odd to see him not making a speech, as he will apparently come to just about any event that he thinks might boost the city's image.

We had planned to stay about two hours; at about the 90 minute mark, one of the announcers said that he wanted to thank Capitol Blue Cross for being a sponsor; okay; but then added that CBC wanted to point out that even on a day like this, it was possible to get a really nasty burn, so you should slather on the sunscreen. Gee, what a cheerful thought. We looked at each other, decided we'd seen enough, and headed back to the car, munching funnel cake as we went.

Speaking of cake, if I get my act together, I'm going to make a quick-cake today that's got sort ofapple streusel topping, and we'll have it with brunch tomorrow. Should be fun.

No comments: