Sunday, September 09, 2007

T Minus

Twenty seven hours until I show up at the surgeon's office, pretending to be an adult. Sometimes, the facade is a little more crumbly than others.

There's a major article in the Washington Post magazine about Mike Gravel, who is a second-tier presidential candidate. I thought 'Mike Who? Isn't he a senator from somewhere?' which proves their point about no one knowing this guy. For a moment, I thought gee, it'd be interesting to meet him -- and then I thought 'what about meeting Larry Craig -- want to do that?' Uh, no -- that'd be creepy. I don't think the guy did anything wrong, but it'd be creepy, anyway.

Last night my daughter told me that one of her friends told her that something I'd said 'creeped her out'. I was, to put it mildly, surprised. Who was it, I asked, and she told me. Nope, don't know who that is. What did she said I said, I asked. She didn't know. Well, I told her, tell your friend that I'm curious what I said, or she thought I said, that would creep her out, because that's absolutely something I don't want to do -- but in any event, tell her that I apologise for whatever it was that had that effect, as it was unintentional. I already did, she replied.

No comments: