Saturday, September 22, 2007

Up Scope!

This is the week that I get C-Scoped. Thursday, to be exact. Wednesday to drink the nasty potion that will have me in residence in the john for several hours; Thursday for the knock-me-out and- pipe-me procedure.

The plan was that I'd be in the final stages of recovering from the bone graft when this was done, but the plan didn't allow for dentists who don't distinguish between drugs and aspirin. The memory of which -- and specifically, the result of having to wait two months to get it done; thus, I'll be recovering from a jaw bone graft during Thanksgiving; just ice cream for me, thanks -- can still irritate me, a bit.

But I am looking forward to having the C-scope done. I don't expect them to find anything -- I am, as they say, asymptomatic, with no personal or familial history of cancer (other than that one basal cell carcinoma). This is just my way of checking the box, doing what they always say you should do. If they find something, then they find it now, not later. And if they don't, then I'm good for several years. The gastro doc made casual reference to having it done every couple of years. We'll see about that....

Up scope!

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Good luck with that. It's important, you know.

Cerulean Bill said...

So I'm told. I think its like having your tax materials in order; it makes life easier, but it doesn't exactly make it joyful. When I went to their office, it was filled -- I mean, filled -- with elderly people, all of whom looked glum. Talk about an inducement not to come back!