Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Plan

The plan today:

a) bring my mother to her senior center activities, assuming they're having them, which sometimes they do, sometimes they don't

b) call the local doc people to see if they have a prescription for her, so that she doesn't have to pay a gihugic price for her blood test kid test strips (I always wondered why they give new testers away free; now I know its the same principle as displayed by King Gillette, lo, these many years ago)

c) calm down, assuming that (a) and/or (b) made me freak out, which sometimes the intersection of my mother and medical or senior center stuff makes me do. I get really impatient, sometimes....

d) bake buttermilk biscuits and possibly coconut chocolate pudding

e) watch the guys deliver the new washer and dryer and take the old ones away, being grateful that I don't have to personally do it.

f) find a backup software package that I can use to automatically select and compress files, so that I can ditch the Symantec Suite. Free would be nice; up to $50 is okay.

g) do a little cleaning

h) make dinner, which tonight is Sloppy Joes in Pita Bread, Salad, and possibly biscuits and pudding.

Okay, thats enough, right?

===========================
Update
-Senior center and prescription, done. CVS unaware of the concept of friendly service, check.
-Choco-pudding, in the fridge. Biscuits....maybe tomorrow.
-Washer and Dryer, check. Laundry room floor -- cleaned the laundry room floor after one hose disconnected abruptly.
-Backup software, check -- looking at A43, which is freeware, though if I like it, I'll send them some bucks anyway.
-Dinner -- not yet. Starting in 43 minutes.

Not bad, bubba!

No comments: