Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday Morning

There's a place locally that sells used furniture (I think); the name of the place is Tuesday Morning. Never understood that name -- and obviously it doesn't do much of a job in telling what it is that they do.

"Name of the place" -- points to you if the words that occurred to you upon reading that were "is Babylon 5". Its okay if you don't know what the heck Babylon 5 is.

I see where Lincoln Chaffee won his primary. This is bad news. Knowing nothing about Mr. Chaffee except that he is a Republican, this is bad news. If we are to get rid of the mindset that the Republican leadership has demonstrated, we have to get rid of people who bear the Republican label (even if it hurts people who can be described as 'liberal Republican', as he is). Raping the country and its workers for the benefit of the people who run the companies, and letting the president do whatever the hell he wants, should be cause for termination. Sorry, Linc.

I realized for the first time the other day that clothed women can be as sexy as nudes. (Alas, the nudes are all photographic.) Sometimes more so. I'd known it for quite some time, but this was the first time that I stopped and actually thought about it for more than ten seconds. Mystery is good. No, not this much. And nude does not necessarily mean sexy. Funny that it took me this long to come to that conclusion. I heard years ago that it was good that guys were not the ones with prominent breasts because we'd spend all day peering down our shirts. Well, no -- but not because we're morally superior. You are attracted to what you can't easily see, as my brief stint on the nude beach at Gaviota showed me, years ago.

Yesterday was a good day. The project from hell may be transferred to someone who actually knows what its supposed to look like when its running. It does feel like a bit of failure but not much of one. I did call the dentists office to find out whats what; got blown off by the receptionist (Oh, I'm sure they're working on the insurance, sir), but I did call, which was a moral victory. My system change, which did not work yesterday morning, worked. And on the way home I abruptly realized that I closed the van door with my left hand without even thinking about it. Got stiff later, but I did do it, which delighted me.

Lets hope today is not the yin to that yang.

2 comments:

Rach said...

You had me laughing out loud when I read your paragraph about "clothed women can be sexy". See, if women walked around naked all the time, I'm sure all the hoorah would wear off at men wouldn't even take a second look. The picture you linked made me laugh harder. Imagine those poor men over there and how hard their imagination has to work.

I'm happy you're starting to feel much better. Using it without noticing until later can be a double edged sword like you mentioned. Hoping you don't feel the pain of that use.

Oh .. and I LOVE the name of that store! I think the name DOES refer to what kind of store it is. Monday would be brand new, Tuesday is slightly used. Friday would be Salvation Army or Value Village kinda used. lol

Cerulean Bill said...

Yes, Rach, some of my more erotic daydreams include the use of parkas, burkhas, heavy cable-knit sweaters, and the like....(g)

But its true. The novelty does wear off very, very quickly.