Friday, September 29, 2006

Weak End

I occasionally mention how pleasant it is to be able to 'go to work' by walking across the hall to the PC. Therefore, I should not care all that much that I have to do it this weekend. My commute time will be fifteen seconds; I'll be in my pajamas; I can leaf through magazines while on the phone. Perhaps it's the time of going to work: Midnight, Saturday. For at least two hours.

I am going to be wasted on Sunday.

Incidentally, I've made a small change to the material over to the left -- there is now a link directly to email, just in case you wanted to send me an email but didn't want it to be a public response to a post. Its just below the time/temperature gizmo.

Also, I had mentioned that my daughter was offered the chance to be an an 'advanced' program, as a result of some standardized tests. This is the site for the people that are offering the program. I believe that the 'talent search' is what she was offered. I'm pleased by the concept,of course... but a little queasy about the idea that they're offering to give my child a test, for which we'll pay an unspecified fee, and then they'll possibly recognize her if she does well on it. I don't think it's a scam, but I do wonder about its value. What's the point?

No comments: