Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hair

I told a lanky blonde woman at the physical therapy place that I liked her haircut. Which was true, I did. I didn't mention that I find lanky women to be attractive, which leads me to notice them, and which, in turn, led me to notice her haircut. I just said that I liked her haircut. From her reaction, I redeemed my gender in her eyes.

I once told a woman she had a nice cut, and when she asked why, I said that it had a lot of energy. She asked if I was a hair stylist, and seemed quite surprised when I told her I was a programmer.

Don't know what she thought about my gender.

3 comments:

jordanrep.com/10522 said...

What kind of programming do you do?

jordanrep.com/10522 said...

ps - Smart comments you made! ;)

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm a mainframe systems programmer, which means I do work witht the operating system or with products that run along with the operating system.

Smart? Don't know about that, but it was true. I got the feeling from both of them that guys don't normally comment on haircuts.