Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday

It is a little after ten on a somewhat sodden Saturday. I am sitting in the dining room,sipping some chocolate almond coffee, listening to Bach variations, and occasionally glancing over to the portable cage on the table next to me, where Chocolate, the hyperactive guinea pig, is cavorting madly. She is resident here while her cage is being cleaned. The other GP had been here, and a Gp swap was accomplished moments ago. Since the two of them don't really get along, it was felt best to do this one at a time. Unfortunately for Chocolate, this means that the portable cage smells like Emily, which I think is driving Chocolate berserk -- she knows Emily must be around here somewhere because she can smell her -- she just can't see her.

I have been somewhat active. I got up around six thirty, came out to the kitchen, and made the dough for the bread -- or mostly did, coming to a dead stop when I noticed that the recipe called for instant nonfat milk. What? Hell with it, I thought; worst case, I end up with inedible bread. So I mixed it up and let it sit for about two hours while we had breakfasts, and at the moment it seems to be rising just fine. I still don't think the preferment did anything. And I went out and mowed part of the lawn -- yes, today I was that annoying guy who goes out early and does mowing. I only did about a third of the lawn, as it is damp from overnight rains, but still, rain is predicted for the whole weekend, so this is in a sense a moral victory.

And I am reading Redemption Ark, which I am enjoying, but (I know this sounds odd) I want to be done with so that I can get back to the Lincoln book -- I found that for some reason I could not read both at the same time -- I think because both required thought and keeping multiple characters in mind. Lets see, Lincoln was the mutant space pilot, right?

And in a bit I'm going to take a nap.

No comments: