Monday, September 04, 2006

Thank you, Emily Litella

It took more work than I thought it would, but this afternoon I finally got it up, and I must say, it looked good

My wife and I both agreed that it would be a good idea to get it up, but none of the methods that we could think of seemed to work. We'd look at the limp deal that was there now, and we'd just sigh. In fact, we ended up just hiding one contraption, all metal and cords and such, behind the kitchen table for a while, so that we would not think about our failure each time we saw it.

But this afternoon, my wife asked if I was feeling ambitious, and I said sure, so, after some screwing (less than I thought it would take, actually), we finally got it all the way up. Took both of us, and three and a half hands, and when we were done, we were slightly out of breath, but we were quite pleased.

Anyone need an old curtain rod?

No comments: