Sunday, September 24, 2006

Soddenly Sunday

An interesting morning. Less than great in some respects, better than normal in others.

The downside:
None of the local sources had the Washington Post. We're two hours from DC, four from New York, but the New York Times is always in plentiful supply; the Post, lately, not. I don't know why, but it suggests that I'm going to have to start picking up the paper on the way into church, instead of an hour and a half later. Last week, I did that, and there were only three Posts there, even that early. I thought it was an anomaly. Maybe not.

It's raining. Well, drizzling. Don't think I'll be finishing the yard mowing today.

And worst of all, people called me from work multiple times last night, and it turns out, the ringer on our bedroom phone was off. I actually heard the phone across the hall ringing once, but I thought it was a car alarm. We did eventually hear it ringing when they tried again, but I felt badly about it.

The upside:
Breakfast, with French toast made from my bread yesterday, was great. The bacon was crisp, the strawberries juicy, and the coffee excellent.
The Times has an article saying what I've believed for a while (and yes, I know that doesn't mean they're right): the Iraq war has increased the level of terrorist sympathizers and participators. Look for an angry speech by the Bushman saying that 'taint so.

Altogether, not bad.

3 comments:

Sweeti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sweeti said...

Breakfast sounded great!
...Your right about the Walgreens response, However still no word from them. I really don't know what I expected from this other than to possibly make it known. I didn't want anything free, just a frendly face when I use the pharmacy I guess. Odds are I won't get that much.

Cerulean Bill said...

Nevertheless, I think you did the right thing.