Friday, September 08, 2006

Nope,Nothing

This is a content-free post. I just feel like writing something. It doesn't happen all that often, but sometimes I just want to write something. Its kind of like when you stretch, and you can feel a muscle loosen (or whatever the heck is going on in there under the skin). Writing sometimes just makes me feel good. I tried doing it on the sides of buildings and passing trucks, and that didn't work out so well, so I figured heck, I'll do it here.

Yesterday I got to take my daughter to the local Pills R'Us because she's had a sore throat for a couple of days. It was actually kind of fun because the NP that she saw had her wrist in a bandage, so my daughter asked what was up, and the NP said she had tendonitis. I got to ask my daughter if she knew what tendons were (she pretty much did), and then I told her what the -itis suffix indicated. And a few minutes later, she asked if an eardrum actually looked like a drum, so I got to tell her about the tympannic membrane and how that sounds like the tympani, which she knows as a kind of drum. I love doing stuff like that. I suppose it could be seen as showing off but I like to think of it as just passing trivia along.

I was disappointed that after I went to all the trouble of writing a disjointed and vague description of the kind of business that I'd like to have, no one supplied me with a cogent and coherent series of alternatives and possibilities that I could then pursue. I was really hoping someone would. Now I have to think, and you know how difficult that is for me.

I've decided that maybe it isn't a good idea for me to push it at physical therapy. Not that I'm burning down the building or anything, but if they say to do ten reps, I do twenty; if they say to lift ten pounds I try for twelve or fifteen. Except for rolling the ball up the wall - I hate that. But now again my shoulder aches just a little bit, and I don't particularly enjoy the feeling. I am not going to slack off, but maybe I will back off, just a bit. Though there are other reasons to go to therapy -- for one thing, the staff is mostly women, and they are mostly young, and they are all in great shape. Heck, I can't read while doing the arm bike or the pulleys or anything, so I have to look at something. I did think of borrowing my wife's iPod but this is okay, too.

I get to get up early again on Sunday for yet another product upgrade test. Yuck.

I'd like to bake or cook something this weekend. I did just bake some chocolate chip cookies, and they are ok, but I want to make something else. Maybe some pineapple salsa. Here's the recipe --

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
* 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
* 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/4 cup chopped onions
* 2 green chile peppers, chopped
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large bowl, toss together pineapple, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, corn, black beans, onions, green chile peppers, orange juice, and cilantro. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator until serving.


Ok, that sounds doable!

No comments: