Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Remembering Dave

I once shared a suite of rooms with a guy named Dave. He was an interesting person (likely still is). I was amazed by his success with women. I didn't have the guts to lay myself out as much as he would (and still don't; probably good for my marriage) which is partially why he was the one with the waterbed.

One of the things that he would do is buy lotions for his skin -- things that would make it softer, or help it breathe, or whatever. I had no idea if this stuff actually did any of that; so far as I could see, all it did was a) smell good and b) cost a lot. Smelling like something other than Old Spice was fairly exotic to me, at the time. Still is, come to think of it.

I thought of him when glancing at this page.

1 comment:

Vica said...

A good smelling man is hard to find. Scientists have actually studied the elements of scent attraction. Women seem most attracted to men who don't smell like their fathers or brothers. The men in white coats theorize that this prevents women from being attracted to men who share too much of the same gene pool. Wacky, right?

But I admit I have followed men who smell great for blocks, just to inhale that fabulous aroma. Wait! Am I romantic or a nitwit?