Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dinner Out

After the last couple of days, we thought that we deserved a dinner out. My choice would be a quiet restaurant with fine linen tableclothes, and all that, but as we live in a burg, and the choices are much fewer, we're going to: Hooters. Mostly out of curiousity. I don't expect it to be a den of iniquity (not that I'd know what to do in such a place), and I don't expect the food to be all that great, even by my standards. Its just someplace to go on a rainy Thursday night.

Work's been busy. I've been putting in about ten hours a week more than normal. I don't like being that busy, but you know what? It's got advantages. I'm doing a system build for the very first time. Not particularly high density technical, but not bad. In fact, its fun.

Got a letter from the people who do testing for the school district. The reason our daughter was offered the chance to attend the special program is that she scored in the highest level in both reading and math. Apparently, thats not too common. Neat.

4 comments:

Karmyn R said...

Well, did you get your fill of breasts at Hooters?

Never been - probably never will go there, unless there are a few topless men waiters too.

Cerulean Bill said...

Topless? I didn't think that was the case; to be frank, if I'd thought it was, I wouldn't have suggested it. As I said (I thought), it was more the novelty - Whats this place all about? As it happens, we didn't go. The idea was to be together, and there was a better place.

And equality of display sounds perfectly fine with me.

Rach said...

So they're not topless? There's no Hooters in Canada that I'm aware of, and if there was .. I wouldn't be eating there either. Dh wouldn't get the food from the plate to his mouth, I'm sure.

Cerulean Bill said...

Actually, they do go topless in Canada, Rach. Its just that they do it under four layers of thermal insulation.

Now you people have me wondering if it is a topless place... I've been to one topless bar in my life, when I was about 21. I was startled by how casual the dancers were, and how, for the most part, nobody even watched them.

At least they don't have to learn the bunny dip.