Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Code Red

I have a code in my node.

I stayed home on Monday to be with my daughter, who had a bit of a cold, and in gratitude she gave it to me, so that I spent much of yesterday and today hacking and sneezing. Its nothing terrible -- more of an inconvenience than anything -- but I am ready for it to be over now. I don't think thats its feeling, though. I think it likes it here.

The therapist today was impressed by how often I sneezed. Not so impressed that he took it easier on me, you understand, though the massage was a little less painful then the first time. Afterwards, he did a range-of-motion that showed slight improvement from last time. He says that I can expect to continue to improve so long as I keep up strengthening exercises, as my assisted range is still pretty good. Its when I try to do it unassisted that I look like Igor. A sneezing Igor, at the moment.

My daughter, incidentally, is just fine.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Oh that dreaded cold is going around there too? I hope you feel better soon. Good news on the physio front tho!

Cerulean Bill said...

Yes, this is cold and flu time -- lots of people around her taking the day off to whimper and sniffle. Me, too, if I didn't have stuff to do. Wonder if having to 'take time off to be sick' feels different when you're retired?

As for the physical therapy, I was just talking to a woman who had had some severe work done on her arm, and she swears that I ought to look into accupuncture as a supplement to whats going on now. I know its a recognized practice... perhaps I will. Course, around here, I doubt there are many practitioners.