Monday, September 11, 2006

Grey Morning

Its a gloomy Monday morning, with all of the joy that that phrase implies. The usual sludge of work washes ashore -- people carping about audits, people worrying about systems, automated reminders to UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD... The first words out of my daughters mouth this morning were 'I hate Mondays', and I told her that this was a universal feeling. Despite the occasional perky 'thank god its monday' article, the vast majority of the world views Monday as a bane to their existence, and rightfully so.

In about ten or fifteen minutes, I'll be getting dressed to go let the surgeon poke at me, and then to the therapy place for a round of stretching and exercise. Then it will be back home to see what further delights email has delivered unto me, like a cat carefully depositing a half-eaten bird on your doorstep.

On the other hand, I'm working from home today, so that's something.....

No comments: