Friday, January 09, 2009

Legalities

At lunch today, my wife and I were talking about the Boston Legal show.  I mentioned that I really like the Alan Shore character played by James Spader.  She was surprised, as she regards Shore as a fairly slimy character, willing to do anything to win a case.  I told her that I liked him for his verbal dexterity, though in real life, I likely wouldn't, very much.

As a real-life counterpoint, I learned today that our neighbor, who had been arrested for sex with a minor, has been convicted, with a minimum sentence of five years.  If it were someone I didn't know, I'd think good, particularly as the girl involved was just about my daughter's age.  As it is....ouch.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Why ouch? Were there extenuating circumstances.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm just startled by it. Things like this don't happen in my quiet world.