Thursday, January 15, 2009

Metallo

I've been trying, with minimal success, to keep from reading too much about tibial fractures, since the last time I did that, I had just about convinced myself that I would get a cast-and-bandages solution to my fractured shoulder, and the result was that I got surgery. This time, I'm working on the assumption that surgery will happen.... and kind of just glancing at pages that suggest otherwise. Though with two of the three options involving some kind of surgery, and with some statistics saying that the bone union is better at 5 months with surgery than without.....

I'm going to have so much metal in me....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll be able to tell your daughter that heavy metal keeps you going...

(Sorry. :-) It was (arguably) the most innocuous of a veritable line of cracks. All at your expense, of course!)

Carolyn Ann

Cerulean Bill said...

And these are my friends ...Sigh.

Though I have said that I have enough metal in me now to have to be wary of misaligned garage door openers.