Monday, January 12, 2009

Bolts and Clamps

Relative to what I've had done before, this repair of my leg ought to be almost trivial.

I've had the upper part of my left arm's humerus (the bone at the top, that connects into the shoulder socket) replaced. That was an overnight stay in the hospital. I've had one of the left trochanters (upper part of the thigh bone) repaired. That was about a three day stay in the hospital. This repair of my left tibula, aka the shin bone, should be minor, as it'll most likely be either a mechanical connection of the bones, with a likely overnight in the hospital, or wearing a soft cast for some period of time until the bones knit, followed by yet another round of therapy -- curiously, pretty much exactly the same therapy I got with the trochanter repair. It'll be tedious, but not the end of the world.

So why am I nervous? And what its it about bones on the left side of my body?

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Do some Zen meditation and breathing and think good thoughts. This too shall pass and you will be back to your old self. Darn shame, though.

Cerulean Bill said...

I told my wife last night that I am seriously thinking about going to one of those sessions for old people on preventing falls. I don't actually think I'll go -- they focus on things like throw rugs, dangling cords, and such, and not on how to do a parachute landing fall -- but I am thinking I need SOMETHING. This is getting ridiculous.