Thursday, January 08, 2009

Conversation

My daughter and I talked about her course schedule. She wants to drop down to Science II next year and keep everything else as level I (the hardest level). I told her it was okay with me but suggested that she bounce the idea off her Science teacher to see what he thinks -- if she could do okay at the higher level. She also told me she wants to take an American Law course, but it isn't offered until the next year. I suggested she ask if she can audit it, just for the experience. Also, she mentioned that a friend took a course during the summer which didn't count for her grade but did in terms of checking a box so she could advance. I asked if she would consider doing that, both for the experience and to add a little flexibility to her schedule in later years, and she said she would think about it.

I really enjoyed that conversation, and I'm delighted that she's putting thought into it.

No comments: