Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Math Is Not Human

Sparked by a comment by my daughter to the effect that she'd rather ask her mother about algebraic radicals, I thought 'well, hell, how hard can it be?'

Ahem.

From WikiAnswers:

What is a Radical in Algebra?

An ideal N of an algebra A is called radical of A if it is the unique maximal nilideal of A.
That is the maximal ideal consisting entirely of nilpotent elements.
By nilpotent we mean that there exist a positive integer t with a property that any product z1.z2....zt of t elements from N is zero.

Well, sure......

(I like this better.)

4 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Omg, I can't even comprehend such things anymore. My brain is totally right sided and all about creative things in my old age. Just say no to math.

Cerulean Bill said...

When you GET to your old age....which I gather will not be for quite some time. Remember, you're only as old at you feel -- so feel someone young!

Lone Chatelaine said...

Lmao :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Well...not THAT young, LC....