Friday, May 16, 2008

Apparently....Not

Well, I'm not going blind any time soon.

The guy said that yes, there are signs of diabetic retinopathy, but they're just initial signs -- and my vision has actually improved slightly. He also said that improvements in blood sugar control over time could improve my ocular health, too.

As an extra, when I got home, the results of the latest three month blood sugar test were waiting, and they were excellent. Really good.

Where the hell are those fudge brownies with chocolate sauce and sprinkles?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will volunteer to eat baked goods if it means that you can keep your blood sugar in control. I know its a sacrifice, but I do it because I care (and definitely not because I love baked goods) : ).

Cerulean Bill said...

Shannon, your sensitivity leaves me breathless. It just so happens that I'm planning to bake today -- nothing outrageous, just some cookies -- and I'll be sure and save you some.

LB, I'm not sure what you mean by 'out of bounds', but as it sounds good, I'll take it, with pleasure. Tagging, too. Thanks.

Cerulean Bill said...

Ah, that...I'm not sure about. I do actually eat them, just not much, and not often. I don't EVER say that I don't like them, as that'd be lying. I just limit how much I have. Its how I keep my girlish figure, you know...